DATABERRIES / TEEMO MOBILE SDK GUIDELINES
Last updated: November 2, 2017.
In order to use the Databerries / Teemo Mobile SDK (the “Databerries / Teemo SDK”), you agree to comply with all of the following guidelines (“Guidelines”).
Databerries / Teemo may update these Guidelines from time-to-time by providing notice that these Guidelines have been modified. Such notice may be provided by sending an email, posting a notice on Databerries’ / Teemo website (“Site”), posting the revised Guidelines on the Site and revising the date at the top of these Guidelines, or such other form of notice as determined by Databerries / Teemo. Your continued use of the Databerries / Teemo SDK after any of the notices above constitutes your acceptance of such changes or modifications.
1. The Databerries / Teemo SDK collects location information, for example precise location using GPS, wireless networks, cell towers, and Wi-Fi access points. You must ensure that all applications that use the Databerries / Teemo SDK comply with all of the Google Play’s developer requirements and Apple’s App Store requirements (collectively, the “Requirements”) including obtaining appropriate consent to the collection of location information.
2. Each application that uses the Databerries / Teemo SDK must (a) notify users of the application’s use of location data for third-party advertising purposes via a custom notification window, and (b) provide user of the application the ability to consent or withhold consent through an “Allow” / “Don’t Allow” option, “Accept” / “Don’t Accept” option, or similarly-worded option.
- is available prior to download (i.e. from all applicable app storefronts) and from within the settings of the app;
- is in compliance with all applicable laws and self-regulatory principles;
- clearly and truthfully describes what data is collected from the app, how such data is used, and the circumstances under which it is disclosed;
- discloses that location information and other user information will be shared with third parties for advertising purposes; and
- explains to users how to opt out of the collection of information about their precise location and how to opt out of the use of information about their app usage for interest-based advertising purposes through the settings available on their Android or iOS device.
4. Under no circumstances may the Databerries / Teemo SDK be used in any application that is designed for use by children below the age of 13 (or the age of consent where the application is offered, if higher than 13) or be used to collect information from any user known to be under the age of 13 or under the age of consent where they reside.
5. The Databerries / Teemo SDK may not be used in any application that contains or promotes any of the following: adult content, gambling, illegal products or services, dangerous products or services, or any content that a reasonable person could deem to be objectionable, libelous, offensive, indecent, pornographic, harassing, threatening, embarrassing, distressing, vulgar, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, or otherwise inappropriate, regardless of whether this material or its dissemination is unlawful. Determinations about the appropriate nature of the application content will be in Databerries’ / Teemo’s sole discretion.